Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day of School

Ready to learn and get some knowledge.  I can't help think about that line from Finding Nemo as my oldest starts 1st grade today.  She woke up this morning eager and ready for school.  She could not wait to get to school and start 1st grade with her friends. 
As I acted like Marlin from the movie yesterday and today, I could just hear my daughter responding just like Nemo by saying, "daaaaaaadddddddd." 

It is wonderful to see how excited she is to start school.  Even though that means the end of summer, she is ready for school.  Last week we took her to school so she could find out who her teacher is and who would be in her class.  She was really excited to see several of her classmates from kindergarten would be with her.  I am sure that will make things easier on her to having that familiarty. 

As she left the house today, she had about 800 pounds of books in her back pack.  OK, maybe it was only a few pounds, but I am sure my daughter would say it weighed a lot more.  I was waiting for her to fall backwards on to the floor, but that did not happen.

So as 1st grade begins, my daughter is ready to learn and get some knowledge.  At least she did not ask for 5 more minutes like Nemo did.

1 comment:

NY Wolve said...

When i was cleaning up some old files, I found pictures from my daughter's first day of kindergarten. I remember that day, too. She is now in 5th grade -- time flies. It is a great thing too.