Monday, August 9, 2010

CHA Supershow

Most of my posts have revolved around running.  This is one of those posts that has absolutely nothing to do with running. 

While in Chicago I attended the CHA Supershow with my wife.  CHA stands for the Craft and Hobby Association.  This was a huge craft show in Rosemont, IL.  I don't even know if huge is the right word to describe this show.  There were 12 aisles of crafts.

My wife is a huge scrapbooker and this was right up her alley.  After I went to the RnR Chicago Expo at McCormick Place, I met back up with my wife at the show. She had met a new friend as part of the Cricut Circle and was walking around the show with her.  Wait, let me clarify....she was not walking around the show, she was only on the first aisle 1 hour in to the show opening.   I met up with her on aisle 100 at the Provocraft booth. 

I could not believe how many people were at the Provocraft booth.  It was all about the Cricut Imagine as it was unveiled during the show.  In addition to the Imagine, Provocraft also had the Cricut Cake, Cuttlebug and Yudu on display.  Why do I know so much about these Cricut products you ask?  My wife loves these products and I support her.  Plus they are pretty cool. You have to like a machine that can cut out cool items to make a cake.  Maybe one day they will make a Cricut Wood.  As a guy who likes to work on a scroll saw, that is the next best thing.  I hope Provocraft sees this comment (LOL).

Here are a few pictures from the Provocraft booth.  Now, when it was time for a drawing for some great prizes, look out.  The booth was packed with everyone hoping they would win a cartridge or maybe a Cricut Cake.  I was hoping I would win a prize to give to my wife, but no luck.  I tried!






I took some pictures as we walked around the floor.  I never knew there were so many companies out there.



One of the neat moments for me was having the opportunity to meet Robyn (My Pink Stamper).  I felt like I already knew Robyn from all of the videos I watched with my wife on her blog.  My wife had the opportunity to meet her earlier in the day and when we went by her booth, she introduced me to Robyn and Karlee (Karle Krafts).  Plus, Robyn is a runner so we were able to talk about running.  I think if Robyn knew the RnR Chicago Half marathon was on Sunday, she would have entered that race.  Maybe next time Robyn.  Great to meet you Robyn and Karlee. 

Throughout the day I joined my wife in making various crafts.  Whether it was cards or 12 x 12 scrapbook pages.  It was interesting to see the reactions when a man sat down at a table to make some crafts.  One booth in particular had to get a picture of me making a card.  Here is the picture taken at the Paper Crafts Magazine booth.


Overall, this was a great experience.  I really enjoyed spending the day at the show.  Would I go again?  Yes! 

Thanks for a great time Leigh!

2 comments:

Karlee said...

It was nice to meet you too! How neat for you to be so supportive of your wife!

Unknown said...

Karlee, thanks for the comment. I really do enjoy supporting my wife with her hobby. Thanks again for reading my post and I added myself as a follower to your blog today.