Monday, September 20, 2010

God is my co-pilot!
















Have you ever had one of those mornings when you couldn't find something?  I am sure we all have been there.  Today was one of those mornings for me. 

Before leaving for work today, I could not find my bible.  I searched the kitchen, the living room, and the bedroom.  It was not in any of those place.  Then I searched my car and it wasn't in there either. 

As I was driving to work this morning I kept trying to think of where I could have left it.  I remembered walking out of church last night carrying my bible to the car.  On my way to work this morning as I was sitting at a stoplight waiting to turn it hit me.  When I put my daughter in the car last night at church I sat my bible on top of the car.  Then my wife and I started talking to another couple for a few minutes.  Once we were done talking we headed home.  I realized this morning at the stoplight that I never took my bible off of the roof of the car last night.
After realizing this, I got even more upset because 1) I had left my bible on the roof of the car and 2) I had lost my favorite bible.

As I pulled into the parking lot at work this morning, I think to myself that maybe by the grace of God He kept my bible safe on the roof of my car.  As I pulled in to a parking spot and got out of my car, I immediately turned and looked at the roof of my car and started to laugh.  My bible was in the exact spot I had left it!  My bible rode on the roof of the car for approximately 10 miles at speeds of up to 45 mph and it never budged an inch.

What a great example of how strong the word of God is!

God is definitely my co-pilot!

No comments: