Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ready to Rock!


It is the day before the Rock n Roll Chicago half and I am ready to rock!  

On Friday I went to the expo at McCormick Place for the packet pickup.  The runner's shirt is a cool looking Brooks grey shirt with the Chicago skyline.

For the race, I am in the 18th corral.  That is right, I said 18th.  At least I am not in the last one, there are a total of 29 corrals.  I would guess once the race starts at 6:30 am that it will take me approximately 20 minutes to get to the starting line.  Reminds me of the size of the Disney Marathon.

The great part about this course is the run past some of the great Chicago landmarks.  We start and finish in Grant Park near Buckingham Fountain.  We work our way across the Chicago River, pass the Art Institute, Chicago Theater, down Michigan Avenue and by the Willis Tower.  It is still hard to call it Willis Tower...it will always be the Sears Tower to me.  Maybe I should say, "what you talkin' about Willis" as I run by there?

We work our way south and pass Soldier Field, home of the Chicago Bears.  Still looks like a UFO landed in the stadium to me.  We will go on an out and back stretch for a while and just before the finish, we pass the Shedd Acqurium.  Then it is on to the finish back in Grant Park.

The weather forecast looks pretty good with lows in the mid-60's and a high of 85.  Sounds great to me for running compared to the weather in NC for all of my training runs.

Are you ready to Rock?

No comments: