Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Countdown to Rock n Roll Chicago Half

Tick tock....tick tock....

Less than 3 weeks away now from the Rock n Roll Chicago half marathon. This will be my first Rock n Rock series event experience and I am really looking forward to it.



Last week I received an email with the final race instructions and to download my confirmation sheet. The race is sold out and there will be over 25,000 runners in the event. I have a predicted finish time of 2:20:00 and I am in corral 18. It will probably take 15-20 minutes once the race starts at 6:30 am on August 1 in order to actually cross the starting line. Reminds me of how it was for the Disney Marathon.

What a blessing it is having the opportunity to glorify God throughout this event via Team 413. Throughout these 13.1 miles, I will encounter many fellow runners who will see Philippians 4:13 on the back of the shirt and that will aid as motivation to them helping them pull through to the finish. Our God is an awesome God! We exist to glorify God and make disciples of all nations! I pray that Team 413 will have a large impact in Chicago.



I have not run a race since the Disney Marathon this past January, but I can still remember all of the times throughout the run where fellow runners would tell me how that verse helped them get through a difficult stretch in the race. I recall one lady at mile 24 that came up to me and said, "thank you for wearing this shirt. That verse is just what I needed to see right now to help me push through these last miles." God was truly at work at that moment.

Tick tock....tick tock!

No comments: