Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Broken and Lifted Up

This evening my wife sent me a text message about a listener who called into K-Love who was broken.   Once I got home this evening, I turned on K-Love and also went to their Facebook Fan Page.  A man by the name of Eric called in the station this evening as was contenplating taking his life by jumping off of the Golden Gate bridge.

Many all over the world who were listening at the moment heard this man reaching out for help.  He was broken and God led him to reach out to someone.  That someone was Scott & Kelli at K-Love Radio.  At that moment, Scott prayed for Eric and many who were in cars returning home from work, church or simply listening at home also prayed for Eric.  The are several posts on the fan page about Eric and how everyone is praying for him.  Prayer is powerful! 

I know Eric will probably never read this post, but I pray that all of the prayers for him tonight are answered and that he will find strength and comfort in the Lord.  We all face times where we are broken and go through the storms of life, but it is at those times that we can become the strongest and find comfort in the Lord.  I am reminded of the chorus to Praise You In This Storm by Casting Crowns.

And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

Jesus loves you Eric!

No comments: